To donate blood, you must meet the following requirements:
- People older than 18 and younger than 65.
- Body weight greater than 50 Kg (110 lb).
- In the case of women: they should not be menstruating, pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not be sick.
- Fasting minimum 4 hours.
- Not to have a surgery in the past 6 months (if no blood transfusion).
Note: The donation of platelets is important to have suitable veins and not having taken an aspirin during a period of 3 days prior to donation.
According to the health regulations in Mexico, will NOT be accepted as donors:
- People who have man to man sex.
- Sexually promiscuous.
- Professional blood or plasma donors.
- People who have suffered hepatitis, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, malaria, toxoplasmosis or Chagas disease.
- Mentally ill or ex-prisoners.
- People who in the past year have carried out acupuncture, tattoos, and piercings, or who have received blood.
- People who have suffered venereal or sexually transmitted diseases: AIDS, syphilis, gonorrhea, among others.
- Drug addicts.
People who in the last 45 days donated blood, or who were vaccinated in the last 30 days or who fail the clinical selection.